Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sephora haullllllll!

aaaahhh. Does anyone else find swatching relaxing and therapeutic? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Well, I definitely do. I got to spend an hour and a half (maybe more... I lose track of time) swatching away in Sephora and getting to know the awesome Carly (shout out!), who helped me out, made lots of great recommendations, and gave me lots of samples. She used to work for MAC as well, so we talked about what we love/not-so-love about the brand. I finally got my answer about the closest freestanding MAC store, which was not the answer I wanted (but it was the one I expected): Atlanta or NoVa close to DC. Both over 5 hours away from my north-central North Carolina location. yaaaaaay. But I know that I can save up my empties if my family ever decides to go to DC for whatever reason! I'd LOVE more eyeshadows rather than lipsticks.

But I've gotten way off track. I got two NARS eyeshadow duos, Habanera (a lovely slightly-grayed plum and silvery mint green combo) and Eurydice (purple-raspberry with blue shimmer, like the color of a blueberry or dark raspberry stain, and a deep grayed olive), and a NARS pencil sharpener (it was only $1 more than the Sephora one, which didn't have an adapter for smaller chubby pencils). Carly gave me a DiorShow mascara sample, a Clinique 3-step skincare sample set, Bliss' Naked Body Butter sample, and PerrioneMD Advanced Face Firming Activator sample. Because I reached the 100-point mark on my Sephora account, I got a deluxe sample of Laura Mericer's tinted moisturizer in Warm Radiance (a pain in the a** to open, but the color is lovely!).

I tried to convince my mom to try a blush or something, but let's just say I don't get my love of makeup from her (I got it from the internetz). She's had the same broken Clinique blush for twenty years and tries to match her makeup to her clothes (e.g. a lilac blouse equals lilac makeup). I try to impart some of my knowledge, but she just doesn't get the joy out of it like I do. Oh well. That's what my 15-year-old sister is for!

Because I knew I'd be swatching/testing away, I made sure my makeup was super minimal:

Fix+ (priming) [this stuff is liquid GOLD!]
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light-Medium
Fix+ (finishing)
Milani Liquif'eye line in Brown
MAC Opulash Mascara in Bad, Bad Black
Lip balm (Blistex with SPF 15)
[No blush!]

No comments:

Post a Comment