Monday, May 24, 2010

Dilema, dilema...

As you have already learned, I am a MACaholic through and through.

I guess that's why I feel so guilty looking at NARS and MUFE swatches. I feel like I'm cheating on my Significant-Other-That-Does-Not-Actually-Exist!

MAC's To The Beach collection hits freestanding stores and counters Thursday, and may even show up on the MAC website later tonight. I already have some items on hold [Rosemary & Thyme eyeliner, a permanent shade in the most GORGEOUS packaging for this collection; Hipness blush, which is a repromote from the Fafi collection; and the super-coveted Marine Life highlight powder that's more like an intense coral-red blush on my NC25 complexion (that's warm, fair-medium skin to all you non-MAC followers)]. I'm still flirting with Flurry of Fun lipglass, which is a sheer peach with teal (!!!) and pink shimmer, and I may also snatch up a permanent shade powder bronzer, too, because the orange packaging with white coral design is just too pretty to pass up lightly.

But of course, I have to keep in mind that MAC is coming out with a huge Spring-Colour-Forecast-esque collection called Fabulous Felines, which will debut in three distinct color palettes in August, and the super-anticipated and supposedly-massive Disney Venemous Villains collection in September, which will borrow color schemes and makeup advice from the likes of Cruella DeVil, the Evil Queen, Maleficent, and Dr. Facilier (from the latest classically-animated The Princess & The Frog, which was completely adorable). These collections, especially the latter, will consume my makeup allowance for the remainder of the summer/early fall and with no steady income, I'm going to have to make some very painful sacrifices. In other words, I'm going to have to severely limit how much I buy from permanent collections, including expanding my pitifully-small NARS collection and buying my first MUFE (Make Up For Ever) item(s). Thank goodness the closest Sephora is almost 40 minutes away, or else I would really have a larger problem to deal with.

For the love of all things pretty, I'm hoping I find lots of loose twenties while trying to replace my broken, beloved purse today.

No comments:

Post a Comment