Monday, August 16, 2010

UD Naked, new hair color, and maintaining my pale (a quickie).

My mom got me an Urban Decay Naked palette (and one for herself) as an early birthday gift.  I'm a neutrals girl through and through, but this palette is far from boring and repetitive.  You can find a thousand reviews online, but I just want to say that this is an amazing palette, you should get it, etc.

I just got back from a trip to the beach, and I'm very proud to say that I did gain any color!  I tan in an instant, so I used at least SPF 50 (mostly 70) everyday and limited my direct sun exposure.  My color is still my pale best!

I have to go to school in three days (I can't wait to get back!), so I had to recolor my hair.  Reading reviews on Makeup Alley, Revlon Colorsilk runs dark in its brunette shades and, seeing as I bought Soft Black, I decided to do a strand test.  I'm so happy I did!  Instead of giving myself harsh, jet-black hair by leaving it on for the full 25 minutes, I put it on my roots for 6 minutes, then distributed it on the rest of my hair for maybe 5 minutes.  Ta-da! Super-dark brown hair that is almost black.  Holy grail?  I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment